The village of BOURSAULT has a proud tradition of wine making and to this long history we'd like to add our own story. The story of a family-run winery that's modest in size, but where we make champagnes that we like to think of as ‘handmade' and authentic.
This story is all about the men and women from the past...
- Before 1973 the family was only involved in tending vines and selling the grapes
- In 1973 Claude and Jacqueline MICHEZ created their own brand: Champagne Claude MICHEZ
- In 1998 Laurence finished her professional training and joined her parents at the winery.
- 2002 saw the arrival of Cyrille, her husband, who had also completed his studies in viticulture
- And in 2010 the business was dramatically modernised with the purchase of a new press and the construction of a new vat room.
- 2013 was a notable year and marked the first exports of Champagne Claude MICHEZ
- Then in 2014 the estate was accepted into the la Federation of Independent Vignerons
- And in 2016 the estate received certification as a domain of High Environmental Value
Today Laurence and Cyrille mange the family business jointly and with a shared passion for their work whether it be in the vineyards, or in the winery itself. They aim to play their part in perpetuating the long tradition of craftsmanship that has been handed down to them from previous generations.